805 Holcomb Boulevard Ocean Springs, MS 39564
Appointment: 228 324-5767 Counselor: 228 324-3244
LPC # 1408, NCC # 209203
Declaration of Practices and Procedures
1. Counseling Relationship: I view counseling as a collaborative relationship in which the client and counselor work together to explore the current problematic issues and develop goals to address these issues. Within counseling, we focus on patterns of thoughts, behaviors, and relationships that cause concern.
2. Fee Scales:
Any no show or cancellation with less than twenty-four hour notice will incur the charge for the missed session. NOTE: Insurance companies will not reimburse for
missed sessions; therefore, you will incur the full responsibility of $80.00 for the missed sessions..
3. Services Offered and Clients Served: The approach that I frequently use based on the most common presenting issues is cognitive behavioral. I believe that change occurs through the development of a collaborative working relationship and through changing negative thoughts and behaviors that affect changes in actions. I work with women and adolescents. I work with clients of all backgrounds.
4. Code of Conduct: I am required by law to adhere to the Codes of Conduct for practices that have been adopted by the Licensed Professional Counseling Board Copies of the codes of conduct are available to you upon request.
5. Privileged Communication: I am required to abide by the professional practice standards for Licensed Professional Counselors and Mississippi law. Material revealed in counseling will remain strictly confidential except under the following circumstances in accordance with state law: (a) The client signs a written release of information indicating informed consent of such release, (b) the client expresses intent to harm him/herself or someone else, (c) there is a reasonable suspicion of abuse/neglect against a minor child, elderly person (65 or older), or a dependent adult, or (d) a court order is received directing the disclosure of information.
6. Emergency Situations: If an emergency situation should arise, you may seek help through hospital emergency room facilities. The emergency services number at Ocean Springs Hospital is 228 818-1145. If you have after hour critical needs that do not require the emergency room, leave a message on our primary office telephone number at 228-324-5767 or 228-324-3244, and a staff member will respond as soon as possible.
7. Client Responsibilities: You are a full partner in counseling. Your honesty and effort are essential to success. As we work together, if you have suggestions or concerns about your counseling, I expect you to share these with us so that we can make the necessary adjustments.
Signature required on separate Confirmation page.